Members of the public
The Library is open to all users for reference and study without charge. Members of the public do not have access to PCs or electronic resources. If you wish to borrow our stock, you need to join the Library.
Joining the Library
National Entitlement Card holders
- National Entitlement Card holders are entitled to free Library membership. National Entitlement Cards are routinely issued to older people, people with a disability and young people but any Dundee citizen out with these groups can apply for a National Entitlement card through Dundee City Council. National Entitlement cards are also issued to Abertay staff and students.
- To join the Library, complete the Library membership form bring your NEC to the Support Enquiry Zone on Level 1 of the Library.
- Once you have signed your form, you will usually be able to borrow straight away as your National Entitlement Card will also be your University of Abertay Dundee library card.
- If you are not eligible for free membership you may still join the Library. Our personal subscription rates are £25 per annum or £12.50 for 6 months.
- To join the Library please complete the Library membership form and then come to the Support Enquiry Zone on Level 1 of the Library.
- You will need some form of ID, for example a passport, driving license, utility bill etc.
- Once you have signed your application form you can usually collect your card and borrow the same day.
© 2017 Abertay University